We will not accept phone calls to clear an absence. We must have written documentation, preferably by email, regarding absences. If you are unable to send an email please send a written note with your child upon their return.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your student's academic success is in direct relation to their attendance
- State law requires a student to be in attendance 90% of the time to receive credit for a course
- School districts do receive funding for each day a student is in attendance
Recognized absences DO NOT count towards the 90% rule include:
- Medical appointments: Student has a doctor's note and is present at least part of the day
- Illness with a doctor's note: Student is ill all day and has a doctor's note
- Religious holy day: Student has a note from home stating observance of a holy day
- School related/extra-curricular activity: Field trip or athletic event representing the school
- Court appearance with documentation
- Visa or passport renewal
- Funeral for family member
- Absences due to an out-of-school suspension
All other absences DO count towards the 90% rule.
Please note that your student may have to make up time in the classroom in order to be in compliance with the 90% rule. The school will notify you with attendance concerns.